THE BEST CLIPS TO WATCH WITH NO SURFING ON
It’s right about now where we would be gearing ourselves up to watch the best surfers in the world compete in the Sunset Open however with the Championship Tour in a tentative position, we started to realise that we really really miss watching some good, solid surfing. Don’t you?
We miss watching the best of the best do their thing. We miss the awe-inspiring, jaw-dropping surfing that we would normally be getting at this time of year and for reasons that everyone is over hearing *cough cough COVID*, we unfortunately aren’t able to see that.
So, we thought, why not give you all a list of some great surfing to watch while there is no surfing on. These can be from 3 minutes to an hour long, only thing that there needs to be is good, solid surfing, you know, the kind of surfing that gets you psyched to go surfing even if it’a terrible!
Below is a list that we accumulated for y’all to check out, especially if you’re in need of some inspiration…
- Andy Irons, Kissed By God – if you haven’t seen this, then you are missing out, get the tissues ready because you’re in for a wild ride!
- RISS, Carissa Moore – a more feminine yet aggressive outlook on surfing and a little behind the scenes action of what Carissa Moore gets up to on and off tour, if you haven’t already, this is a must watch.
- Momentum Generation – this one takes you back in time and gives you the perspective of the life of everyone in this iconic group, to find out more you’re just going to have to watch it.
- Stab in the Dark – there is not one of these in particular that we think you should watch. If we’re being honest, we think you should watch all of them, each surfer gives a different perspective on boards and has a different kind of surfing which are all equally as exciting to watch.
- Stephanie Gilmore, The Tempest – this short clip is definitely an easy and quick psych up to get you in the zone for a good surf on a long left or right with some serious carve sections!
- John John Florence, View from a Blue Moon – pretty sure we can all agree that there is no explanation needed for this one. This movie is next level…
- Proximity The Movie – this movie has some very iconic yet contrasting surfers hits a little different to any other we have seen. With a mixture of surfing, competitiveness and pure joy, this should be on your list of “must watch”
- Undone, Laura Enever – if the waves are huge and you’re needing a bit of inspiration, this movie is the one for you. Laura’s fearless nature makes you think you can do anything and inspires you to pursue your dreams.
There you have it. A fair bit of surfing to watch ahead of you and you won’t be disappointed. Although, if you are just wanting to watch some good old competitive surfing, you can always go through the archives on https://www.worldsurfleague.com or YouTube some specific heats or events you want a recap of! This never fails to disappoint.
What have you been watching with the breaks of the event? We’d love to hear!